ClassCast Podcast Ep.037 features Jeremy Wayne Tate, CEO of the CLT exam, talking with host Ryan Tibbens about classical education, school choice, improving education, and the CLT exam itself. After spending around 10 years working in schools, he now leads an upstart testing company that hopes to challenge the SAT and ACT in the college admissions testing space. A self-proclaimed disrupter, Jeremy Wayne Tate cares deeply about education and about bringing back the classical form of schooling that has dominated western culture for hundreds of years. If you use Twitter and care about education, you MUST follow Jeremy (@JeremyTate41) -- you will love or hate his each and every tweet, but you will never feel apathetic about them. Whether you are a homeschooling, unschooling, private schooling, or public schooling family, the concepts of classical education, school choice, and admissions options should at least be on your radar. Don't miss this chance to learn about a new test and a new, old form of school from an up-and-coming education entrepreneur.
And, as always, be sure to like, share, follow, subscribe, and comment on the ClassCast Podcast wherever you access your podcasts!
1) What is the CLT Exam & Why Classical Education? -- 2:22-21:02
2) Tate's Ideal School -- 21:30-29:30
3) Parents as Teachers & Government Schools -- 30:12-38:07
4) School Choice -- 38:08-50:18
5) Test Optional Admissions & Grades -- 52:08-56:56
6) The CLT's Growth -- 56:56-1:01:25
7) Cultural Bias -- 1:01:33-1:12:42
8) Books & Ending -- 1:14:56-1:21:00
Support the show (http://paypal.me/TibbensEST)!
The best education podcast for everyone, not just teachers.